WELCOME TO THE PEARSONTOWN PTA WEBSITE
“You just can’t hide that Pearsontown pride!”
NC PTA Mission Statement~to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
Upcoming Events & Important Dates
- 7/18/19-Open House for 2019-2020 school year
- Pre K and Kindergarten, 9:30-11:30 am
- 1st-3rd Grades, 1-3 pm
- 4th-5th Grades, 3-5 pm
- EC/AIG/504 Plan Information, 2-5 pm
- WE NEED YOUR HELP WITH OPEN HOUSE…Sign up HERE and Thank You!
- 7/22/19-First Day of School!
- Doors open at 8:45 am, school starts at 9:15 am
- Kindergarten will have staggered entry dates the first week of school
- 7/23/19-Dine Day Out at Elmo’s Diner (9th Street, Durham), 6:30 am-10 pm, no flyer is needed for this event
- 7/30/19-Boosterthon Fun Run! More details to come…
Visit the Pearsontown Elementary PTA Facebook page for additional photos and information about PTA/community events
Pre-order PTA the PTA Online Store and pick up your items at Open House!
Own a business or know someone who does?
We are now looking for both monetary and in-kind sponsors for the 2019-2020 school year!
For more information,email us at email@example.com
All of our committees are looking for new members to join in for the 2019-2020 school year, some committees are even looking for someone new who can chair/lead the committee.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to know more and get involved or sign up sheets will be available at open house.
Ways to connect with your PTA
- Join the PTA-memberships are $8 per member per school year
- Online Store
- Paper form: found next to the PTA office
- Bookmark our website at ptownpta.com.
- On the website, you can sign up for the Pearsontown PTA Newsletter and get announcements and news sent straight to your inbox. It’s easy-sign up today!
- Follow us on Facebook (Pearsontown PTA).
- Check out the PTA bulletin board next to the PTA office.
- Listen for school phone announcements on Sunday evenings,
- Sign up for a committee. It’s a great way to get involved in your PTA.
- Email the PTA with questions, comments, ideas, email@example.com
- Attend PTA meetings. General assembly meetings are open to everyone!
If you have provided us with your email address, you have been added to our e-newsletter distribution list. You may unsubscribe at any time.
If you know of anyone who isn’t receiving our e-newsletter, they may sign up here.
Pearsontown PTA Easy Fundraising Opportunities
Here’s how to help…
Direct Donations~At any time during the school year, you may donate directly to the PTA, your child’s class, or a special’s teacher through our online store or by submitting a check to the PTA mailbox.
Amazon Smile~If you shop at Amazon, consider using Amazon Smile. The prices are the same as on Amazon and Pearsontown PTA receives a donation! Visit HERE to get started.
Link your Harris-Teeter VIC card~Visit HERE to link your card or link your card at any Harris-Teeter store (via the cashier or customer service desk). Our school code is: 1288. Cards must be relinked yearly starting in August.
Boxtops and more~Save and turn in your Boxtops and Tyson Project A+ labels. You may turn these items into the collection box outside of the PTA office (place in baggies with your teacher’s name on the baggie). The top collecting classes will win a special treat at the end of the year!
Coke Rewards Program~Save select Coke 12 pack and 20 oz bottle cap product code. You may turn these items into the collection box outside of the PTA office (place in baggies with your teacher’s name on the baggie). The top collecting classes will win a special treat at the end of the year!
Panda Dining Out Events~Participate in our monthly dining out events. You dine out with other Pearsontown families at a local restaurant and the PTA receives a portion of the proceeds…it’s a WIN-WIN!
Office Depot-Stay tuned for more information regarding this program.
Mighty Nest-Find eco-friendly items and support our PTA! https://mightynest.com/schools/nc/durham/pearsontown-elementary
Company Direct/Employee Matching Donations~Check to see if your place of employment offers any direct donation or matching donation programs.
Support the Ronald McDonald House~Save your soda can tabs and turn in at the front office to support the Ronald McDonald House.
Thank you to all of our 2018-2019 PTA Sponsors listed above!