WELCOME TO THE PEARSONTOWN PTA WEBSITE
“You just can’t hide that Pearsontown pride!”
NC PTA Mission Statement~to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
Important Dates and Events
December has been declared Mr. Gerald Snipes Month to celebrate his many years at Pearsontown and his upcoming retirement! See his story HERE
- 12/11/19-Early Release Day
- 12/11/19-Fourth Grade Families sponsor staff early release lunch, donations may be made HERE or please volunteer to help set up at beginning at 8:30 am or clean up beginning at 1 pm
- 12/12/19-Game Night and Open Library Night, 6-8 pm, enjoy open library night in the media center and family game night in the cafeteria where you can play several GameWright games and purchase games to take home if you wish, most games will be priced in the $10-20 range
- There will be games for all age groups from preschool-12+
- Bloom, Cahoots, Dragonwood, Dragonrealm, Forbidden Desert, Forbidden Island, Forbidden Sky, Go Away Monster, Go Nuts for Donuts!, Guju Guju, Hello My Name Is, Hisss, In a Pickle, Logic Land, Loot Tin, Outfoxed, Punto, Quixx, Rat-a-Tat Cat, Rat-a-Tat Roll, Say It, Scrambled States, Slamwich, Sleeping Queens, Squirmish, Sushi Go Party!, Sushi Go! That’s It!, Tiki Topple, Think ‘N Sync, Too Many Monkeys, Trash Pandas, This Game Goes To Eleven, Twin It, Whozit, Wig Out, Zeus on the Loose, Zoinx
- Help is needed in both the media center (open library night) and cafeteria (game night) Sign up HERE to help
- There will be games for all age groups from preschool-12+
- 12/18/19-Dining Night out at PDQ, 4-9 pm, 3301 Watkins Road, Durham, a flyer is not needed for this event, just let your cashier know that you are with Pearsontown when you dine in or carry out
- 12/19/19-Winter Concert
- 12/21/19-1/8/20-Winter Intersession Break
Panda Spirit Days are every Friday! Wear your Pearsontown, Boosterthon, or Class T-shirt to show your Panda Pride!
Visit the Pearsontown Elementary PTA Facebook page for additional photos and information about PTA/community events
Thank you to those who attended the PTA general body meeting!
Budget amendments were approved that included:
Funding for the Advocacy Committee to host racial equity training workshops
Funding to purchase new Pearsontown spirit wear
Approval for hosting a family game night
The PTA wants your feedback!
Whether you’re a PTA member or not, we want to know what you think! Please take a brief survey to share with the Ptown PTA how you think we’re doing. Our goal is to best understand the expectations and needs of our school families. We appreciate your family’s time and feedback! Visit HERE to give us your thoughts.
The Pearsontown Counseling Department’s Resources
The PTA Advocacy committee and the Pearsontown Counseling Department would like for all families to be aware of the resources the department offers, so please check out the following links to stay connected.
Wish Lists Requests
AIG Wish List (send to the attention of Ms. Krisko and Ms. Turner)
Media Center is looking for donations of: tissues, disinfecting wipes, post-it notes, scotch tape, packing tape, quart sized storage bags. Send items to Ms. Jones attention
Music is looking for donations of: black dry erase markers (bullet and fine tip), printer ink (HP 62 black and color). Send items to Ms. Wright’s attention
Spanish Amazon wish list (send to Senor Hiraldo’s attention)
EC K-2 Classroom wish list (send to EC K-2’s attention)
Staff Appreciation Amazon wish list (send to PTA’s attention)
Ways to connect with your PTA
- Join the PTA-memberships are $8 per member per school year
- Online Store
- Paper form: found next to the PTA office
- Bookmark our website at ptownpta.com
- On the website, you can sign up for the Pearsontown PTA Newsletter and get announcements and news sent straight to your inbox. It’s easy-sign up today!
- Follow us on Facebook (Pearsontown PTA).
- Check out the PTA bulletin board next to the PTA office.
- Listen for school phone announcements on Sunday evenings,
- Sign up for a committee. It’s a great way to get involved in your PTA.
- Email the PTA with questions, comments, ideas, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attend PTA meetings. General body meetings are open to everyone!
If you have provided us with your email address, you have been added to our e-newsletter distribution list. You may unsubscribe at any time.
If you know of anyone who isn’t receiving our e-newsletter, they may sign up here.
Pearsontown PTA Easy Fundraising Opportunities
Here’s how to help…
Direct Donations~At any time during the school year, you may donate directly to the PTA, your child’s class, or a special’s teacher through our online store or by submitting a check to the PTA mailbox.
Amazon Smile~If you shop at Amazon, consider using Amazon Smile. The prices are the same as on Amazon and Pearsontown PTA receives a donation! Visit HERE to get started.
Link your Harris-Teeter VIC card~Visit HERE to link your card or link your card at any Harris-Teeter store (via the cashier or customer service desk). Our school code is: 1288. Cards must be re-linked yearly starting in August.
Box Tops~Save and turn in your Box Tops. You may turn these items into the collection box outside of the PTA office (place in baggies with your teacher’s name on the baggie). The top collecting classes will win a special treat at the end of the year!
For 2019, in addition to turning in your physical box tops, you may also scan your grocery receipt with the mobile app!
Check out this video on how the new program works:
Coke Rewards Program~Save select Coke 12 pack and 20 oz bottle cap product code. You may turn these items into the collection box outside of the PTA office (place in baggies with your teacher’s name on the baggie). The top collecting classes will win a special treat at the end of the year!
Panda Dining Out Events~Participate in our monthly dining out events. You dine out with other Pearsontown families at a local restaurant and the PTA receives a portion of the proceeds…it’s a WIN-WIN!
Office Depot-Stay tuned for more information regarding this program.
Company Direct/Employee Matching Donations~Check to see if your place of employment offers any direct donation or matching donation programs.
Support the Ronald McDonald House~Save your soda can tabs and turn in outside of the PTA office to support the Ronald McDonald House.