WELCOME TO THE PEARSONTOWN PTA WEBSITE
“You just can’t hide that Pearsontown pride!”
NC PTA Mission Statement~to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
Celebrating Black History Month
Important Dates and Events
- 2/25/20-Dining Night Out at Chipotle (Southpoint Mall location), 4-8 pm, a flyer is needed (see below and show from your phone or from the PTA paper newsletter that came home on 2/7) when you dine-in or carry out (online/app orders will not count towards support for Pearsontown PTA)
- 2/25/20-Parents of African American Children (PAAC) First Committee Meeting, 6-7:30 pm in the teacher workroom
- 2/26/20-Staff Appreciation Committee Meeting, 6:00 pm at Dulce on Fayetteville Rd
- 3/3/20-Kids Voting-Students will have the opportunity to vote on the Durham Board of Education Election and Democratic County Commissioners Primary candidates
- 3/4/20-Lexia, Dreambox, and Smart Talk Conversation, 6-6:30 pm (session one), 6:45-7:15 pm (session two), the PTA advocacy committee will host the Smart Talk Conversation, more information to follow
- 3/9/20-3/13/20-Spring Book Fair, Family Night on 3/10
- Sign up to help HERE
PTA committee meetings are open to all current and interested parents/caregivers (you must be a current PTA member in good standing to be a committee member)
Panda Spirit Days are every Friday! Wear your Pearsontown, Boosterthon, or Class T-shirt to show your Panda Pride!
Visit the Pearsontown Elementary PTA Facebook page for additional photos and information about PTA, Pearsontown, and community events
It’s nomination time for 2010-2021 PTA officers!
You may nominate yourself or someone you believe will be an asset in helping to run our PTA by completing a nomination form HERE
For a list of officer position descriptions, visit the “About PTA” page on this site
Nominations will be accepted through March 3rd
Please continue to send in your used markers!
We have new merchandise!
visit bit.ly/ptownpta to order
Wish Lists Requests
AIG Wish List (send to the attention of Ms. Krisko and Ms. Turner)
Media Center is looking for donations of: tissues, disinfecting wipes, post-it notes, scotch tape, packing tape, quart sized storage bags. Send items to Ms. Jones attention
Music is looking for donations of: black dry erase markers (bullet and fine tip), printer ink (HP 62 black and color). Send items to Ms. Wright’s attention
EC K-2 Classroom wish list (send to EC K-2’s attention)
Staff Appreciation Amazon wish list (send to PTA’s attention)
Ways to connect with your PTA
- Join the PTA-memberships are $8 per member per school year
- Online Store
- Paper form: found next to the PTA office
- Bookmark our website at ptownpta.com
- On the website, you can sign up for the Pearsontown PTA Newsletter and get announcements and news sent straight to your inbox. It’s easy-sign up today!
- Follow us on Facebook (Pearsontown PTA).
- Check out the PTA bulletin board next to the PTA office.
- Listen for school phone announcements on Sunday evenings,
- Sign up for a committee. It’s a great way to get involved in your PTA.
- Email the PTA with questions, comments, ideas, email@example.com
- Attend PTA meetings. General body meetings are open to everyone!
If you have provided us with your email address, you have been added to our e-newsletter distribution list. You may unsubscribe at any time.
If you know of anyone who isn’t receiving our e-newsletter, they may sign up here.
Pearsontown PTA Easy Fundraising Opportunities
Here’s how to help…
Direct Donations~At any time during the school year, you may donate directly to the PTA, your child’s class, or a special’s teacher through our online store or by submitting a check to the PTA mailbox.
Amazon Smile~If you shop at Amazon, consider using Amazon Smile. The prices are the same as on Amazon and Pearsontown PTA receives a donation! Visit HERE to get started.
Link your Harris-Teeter VIC card~Visit HERE to link your card or link your card at any Harris-Teeter store (via the cashier or customer service desk). Our school code is: 1288. Cards must be re-linked yearly starting in August.
Box Tops~Save and turn in your Box Tops. You may turn these items into the collection box outside of the PTA office (place in baggies with your teacher’s name on the baggie). The top collecting classes will win a special treat at the end of the year!
For 2020, in addition to turning in your physical box tops, you may also scan your grocery receipt with the mobile app!
Check out this video on how the new program works:
Coke Rewards Program~Save select Coke 12 pack and 20 oz bottle cap product code. You may turn these items into the collection box outside of the PTA office (place in baggies with your teacher’s name on the baggie). The top collecting classes will win a special treat at the end of the year!
Panda Dining Out Events~Participate in our monthly dining out events. You dine out with other Pearsontown families at a local restaurant and the PTA receives a portion of the proceeds…it’s a WIN-WIN!
Office Depot-Stay tuned for more information regarding this program.
Company Direct/Employee Matching Donations~Check to see if your place of employment offers any direct donation or matching donation programs.
Support the Ronald McDonald House~Save your soda can tabs and turn in outside of the PTA office to support the Ronald McDonald House.